- 1 kilogram Whole lamb rumps (about 4-5, trimmed of fat)
- 2 Red capsicum (cut into wedges)
- 1 kilogram Pumpkin (cut into wedges)
- 2 Red onions (cut into wedges)
- 2½ tablespoon Olive oil
- 250 gram Haloumi cheese (cut into 2cm pieces)
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoon Rosemary leaves (chopped)
- ½ cup Basil leaves
- Green salad (to serve)
- Take the lamb out of the fridge to allow it to come to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Toss the capsicum, pumpkin and red onion with 2 tbsp of the oil and spread on a lined baking tray, cooking for 25 minutes or until golden brown. Add the haloumi pieces to the tray and drizzle with balsamic vinegar. Bake the vegetables and haloumi for a further 15 minutes or until the haloumi is golden brown.
- Place a large frying pan over a high heat. Rub the lamb with the remaining oil and cook for 2 minutes on both sides or until browned (lamb does not need to be cooked).
- Rub the browned lamb with rosemary and place in a roasting dish in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and allow to rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice the lamb and serve with roasted vegetables, haloumi and basil leaves. Serve with a green salad