- 500 gram Lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoon Mexican spice blend
- 1 Red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 250 gram 2-minute brown rice + quinoa packet
- 400 gram Can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Avocado (flesh diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add onions, capsicum strips and spice mix, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mince and cook, stirring for 6-8 minutes or until brown.
- Add tomato paste, stock and ½ a cup of water, then bring to a low simmer.
- Add the rice and beans and reduce heat, cooking uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place in a bowl and top with avocado, Greek yoghurt, fresh herbs and lime.
Make your own spice blend with 1 tsp paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, and red pepper flakes.