When it comes to hosting a gathering, finding the perfect finger food dish that pleases everyone can be quite a challenge. Look no further! We have a delicious solution for you: beef sausage, potato, and rosemary pizzas.
These delightful treats are not only mouthwatering but also incredibly versatile. They can be cooked a couple of days before your event and left in the fridge, making them a stress-free option for entertaining guests. In this article, we’ll delve into the tantalising flavours of this dish, discuss the health benefits of its key ingredients, and shed light on the importance of sourcing fresh, locally produced meat.
A Match Made in Food Heaven
What makes these pizzas so special? With every bite of these delectable pizzas, your taste buds will be treated to a harmonious blend of flavours. The savoury and rich beef sausages bring a meaty and robust taste, perfectly complemented by the earthiness of potatoes and the aromatic essence of rosemary. The combination creates a symphony of flavours that will leave your guests craving more.
Health Benefits of the Key Ingredients
Asparagus: A Nutrient Powerhouse
One of this recipe’s key ingredients is asparagus, which brings numerous health benefits to the table. Asparagus is packed with essential vitamins, such as vitamin K, folate, and vitamin C. It is also a great source of dietary fibre, which aids digestion. Additionally, asparagus contains antioxidants that support a healthy immune system.
Fennel: A Digestive Aid
Another ingredient worth highlighting is fennel. Fennel not only adds a pleasant hint of sweetness to the dish but also offers various health benefits. It is known for its digestive properties, helping to alleviate bloating and indigestion. Fennel also contains antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds that contribute to overall well-being.
Potatoes: A Versatile Superfood
Potatoes are a versatile vegetable that provides a host of health benefits. They are an excellent source of vitamin C, potassium, and fibre. Potatoes also contain antioxidants that promote a healthy heart and contribute to optimal brain function. When enjoyed in moderation, potatoes can be a nutritious addition to your diet.
Grass-Fed Beef: A Wholesome Delight
When it comes to the health benefits of these pizzas, let’s not forget the star of the show: grass-fed beef. The choice of grass-fed beef sausages adds more than just a delectable taste to your palate. It also brings a plethora of health advantages to the table. Grass-fed beef is leaner and lower in total fat compared to conventionally raised beef, making it a healthier option. It contains higher levels of beneficial omega-3 fatty acids, which are known for their anti-inflammatory properties and their positive impact on heart health.
Grass-fed beef is also richer in conjugated linoleic acid (CLA), a type of fatty acid that has been associated with various health benefits, including reduced body fat and improved insulin sensitivity. Furthermore, grass-fed beef is often free from added hormones and antibiotics, ensuring that you’re consuming a more natural and wholesome product. By choosing grass-fed beef for your pizza, you’re not only treating your taste buds but also making a conscious decision for your well-being.
Beef Sausage, Potato, and Rosemary Pizza Recipe
- 300 gram Good quality beef sausages
- 2 x 250 gram Pre-made pizza bases with tomato sauce
- 200 gram Mozzarella cheese (grated)
- 180 gram Baby red potatoes (very thinly sliced)
- 1/2 small Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Rosemary leaves (in small sprigs + extra, to serve)
- 1 Fennel bulb (trimmed, fronds reserved, thinly sliced)
- 1 bunch Asparagus (thinly sliced)
- 80 gram Baby rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Chilli flakes or sliced fresh chilli (optional)
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200° fan-forced).
- Place pizza bases on 2 large baking or pizza trays. Top with half the cheese, potatoes and then remaining cheese. Squeeze sausage meat from casings and drop small pieces onto pizza. Top with onion and brush pizzas lightly with 1/2 tablespoon oil. Sprinkle with rosemary and season. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until sausage is cooked and cheese is melted and golden.
- Meanwhile, combine fennel, asparagus and rocket in a large bowl. Drizzle with remaining oil and balsamic, season and toss to combine.
- Serve pizzas topped with chilli, if desired, and extra rosemary. Serve with salad.
- Use any type of good-quality beef sausage for the pizzas – Italian beef is delicious.
- Substitute potatoes with sweet potatoes, skin-on, very thinly sliced.
- You can make your own pizza bases if desired and top with pizza sauce.
- Gluten-free and wholemeal bases are widely available at supermarkets and greengrocers.
The Local Butcher: A Healthy and Sustainable Choice
The Health Advantages
When it comes to meat, you and your family benefit from buying from a local butcher. Local butchers often prioritise high-quality products from sustainable sources. They take pride in knowing where their free-range beef and other meat comes from and how the animals are raised, ensuring you receive a product of exceptional taste and nutritional value. Purchasing from a local butcher supports the local economy and fosters a sense of community.
The Environmental Benefits
Choosing to buy meat from a local butcher is also a sustainable choice. Locally sourced meat often has a smaller carbon footprint since it travels shorter distances from farm to table. Additionally, local farmers tend to implement more environmentally friendly practices. By opting for locally sourced meat, you contribute to a healthier planet.
Time to Get Cooking with the Best Butcher in Melbourne
Food truly is the best medicine, and these beef sausage, potato, and rosemary pizzas offer a delicious way to enjoy a nutritious and flavoursome dish. The health benefits of ingredients like asparagus, fennel, and potatoes make this recipe even more appealing.
By buying your high-quality sausages from us, your local free-range butcher, you not only support your local community but also celebrate the well-being of your family and the environment. Here’s to that!