Weeknight dinners for the family need to tick three key boxes:
- They must be tasty
- You’ll want them to be nutritious
- And they should be quick and easy to make
This Ultimate One-Pot Healthy Mexican Beef Bowl meets all of the above criteria, and it’s sure to be a hit around the table.
What Makes the Ultimate One-Pot Healthy Mexican Beef Bowl So Great?
Aside from being delicious and easy to make, this dish is packed full of healthy ingredients designed to fill you up and provide great nutritional value.
Olive oil is one of the healthiest cooking oil options available. And with three types of vegetables (your red onion and red and green capsicums) and two different fruits (tomato paste and avocado), this dish has you well on the way to meeting your targets for the day.
Plus, avocado, quinoa and beans are known superfoods that will provide you with a whole host of vitamins, minerals, proteins and healthy fats to help round out your macros for the day.
Couple this with a delicious free-range beef base, and you’ve got everything you need to level up your diet in a single bowl.
Selecting the Best Beef Mince
If you want to make the tastiest and healthiest dish possible, choose locally sourced lean beef mince from your preferred free-range butcher.
Not only will this option be best for your family, but it’s also kinder to our environment, as the closer your food’s point of origin is, the less energy it takes to get to your plate. This also means that the meat in your dish will have had a happier life, while also providing a better nutritional profile. Because it’s locally sourced, you’re giving back to the community as well.
The Finishing Touches
No true Mexican dish is complete without a blend of herbs and spices and a tasty dollop of sour cream or Greek yoghurt. We prefer the latter as it has a superior nutritional profile and provides great levels of calcium, protein and vitamin B12, but feel free to style your dish your way. Oh, and don’t forget to check the notes at the bottom of the page if you’d like a quick bonus recipe for creating your own Mexican spice blend.
So, if you’re looking to whip up a delicious and nutritious meal for your family tonight, why not give the Ultimate One-Pot Healthy Mexican Beef Bowl a go? It’s a great, simple dish that can be put together quickly and is sure to bring a smile to everyone’s face.
Plus, the best bit is, because the Ultimate One-Pot Healthy Mexican Beef Bowl only dirties a single dish and few utensils for prep, cleaning up afterwards will be a breeze.
Discover the ingredient list and cooking instructions below then head down to your local free-range butcher grab what you need. Food is the best medicine after all, and locally sourced organic meat and produce are the perfect options for your family.
- 500 gram Lean beef mince
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 1 Red onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 teaspoon Mexican spice blend
- 1 Red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 1 Green capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 2 tablespoon Tomato paste
- 1 cup Beef stock
- 250 gram 2-minute brown rice + quinoa packet
- 400 gram Can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 Avocado (flesh diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (crushed)
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add onions, capsicum strips and spice mix, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Add mince and cook, stirring for 6-8 minutes or until brown.
- Add tomato paste, stock and ½ a cup of water, then bring to a low simmer.
- Add the rice and beans and reduce heat, cooking uncovered for 8-10 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed.
- Place in a bowl and top with avocado, Greek yoghurt, fresh herbs and lime.
Make your own spice blend with 1 tsp paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, ground cumin, and red pepper flakes.