Emily Chalker ‘s favourite beef dish
- 650 gram Lean beef rump steak (fat trimmed, cut into strips)
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable oil
- Brown onion (cut into thin wedges)
- 2 clove Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Red capsicum (thinly sliced)
- 250 gram Snow peas (halved on the diagonal)
- 1 small Head broccoli (cut into florets)
- 1/3 cup Oyster sauce (80ml)
- 2 tablespoon Plum sauce or sweet chilli sauce
- ½ cup Roasted cashews (roughly chopped)
- Steamed jasmine rice, green onions, thinly sliced, long red chilli (thinly sliced to serve)
- Heat oil in a large non-stick frying pan or wok over high heat. Stir-fry beef, in batches, for 1-2 minutes or until well browned. Set aside on a plate loosely covered with foil. Reheat pan, add onion and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add remaining vegetables and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add sauces and stir through.
- Return beef and any juices to pan and toss to warm through. Sprinkle with nuts and toss to combine.
- Serve beef stir-fry with rice. Sprinkle with green onions and chilli, if desired.